By answering just a few questions, you can determine if you are pro-life.
So, grab your pencil and a note pad.
The rules are rather simple: Answer yes or no to the following 10 questions. Then add up the total number of yes responses.
Here we go.
- Do you believe life begins at conception, the moment a sperm fertilizes an egg?
- Do you support the idea of well-funded programs to assist all women with their pre-natal care?
- Do you like the idea of government, whether it be state or federal, providing well-baby and neo-natal care to all new mothers and their babies?
- Do you consider the death penalty to be either immoral or an ineffective deterrent to stopping crime?
- Do you believe either the individual states or the federal government must make a deeper commitment to funding elementary, secondary and higher education?
- Do you view chronic economic disparity as something inconsistent with your country being exceptional?
- Do you believe social security must be reformed so that it does not become insolvent?
- Do you support the concept of affordable health care for all?
- Do you believe God loves all people, including those who do not believe in Him?
- Do you agree that “do unto others as you’d do to me” applies to all people, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation?
Okay, now look at your answers.
If you answered yes once — and only to question 1 — then you are not pro-life. Instead, you are infected with a warped idea that society must commit to being pro-life only for a fetus.
If you have somewhere between 2 and 9 yes replies, then you should review your economic, cultural or religious beliefs. Especially if you are a person of faith, ask yourself what God — however you choose to define Him — would say to you if given the chance to review your answers.
If you answered yes to all the questions, then YOU ARE PRO-LIFE. You have no reason to hide your head in shame. And if you are willing to argue your points without requiring name calling or tolerating the belittlement of people who disagree with you, excellent!